Post-Breathwork Integration Suggestions
Below are our suggestions for supporting the Breathwork integration process after your session. If, after reading through the suggestions, you have any questions, you can email us at: email@example.com
- BE GENTLE WITH YOURSELF
- Allow for greater sensitivity, openness, and vulnerability.
- Allow some time for self-nurturing.
- Allow yourself to be with whatever emotions and feelings arise in a loving, accepting way without judgment. Make them into your best friends. What you consider your “negative” emotions many times give you the most insight into what is really happening in your inner world.
- Re-enter your normal life and activities mindfully.
- PRACTICE SELF-CARE AND SELF NURTURING
- Get adequate rest and sleep.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat nourishing foods.
- Nurture your body (i.e. massage, bath).
- Exercise gently (i.e. walking, stretching, yoga).
- Spend time in nature if possible.
- If it is possible and feels right, give yourself some quiet time and time for reflection.
- SUGGESTIONS FOR CONTINUING YOUR INNER PROCESSING (IF YOU FEEL CALLED TO DO SO)
- Pay attention to any “material” surfacing from your psyche.
- Attend to and work with your dreams. You are closest to your unconscious in your dreams and more important material might surface in the days following the breathwork. If you remember your dreams, write them down.
- Get a piece of paper and draw whatever wants to come out–keep your drawings! You may get more insight into what they mean a week or two later.
- Put on music and allow your body to move/dance spontaneously and authentically.
- IF IT FEELS RIGHT, SHARE YOUR PROCESS/EXPERIENCE WITH SOMEONE YOU TRUST
- If you are currently working with a therapist and feel called to do so, you can make an appointment to share your breathwork experience.
- Attend your regular support groups.
- Use discretion regarding whom you discuss your experience; avoid sharing with those whom would attempt to discount or invalidate your experience.
- AVOID MAKING IMPORTANT, ABRUPT, OR RASH DECISIONS
- Wait at least a week before making any important life decisions.
- Dialogue with someone you trust about decisions you are considering and ask for objective feedback.
- YOUR EMOTIONS ARE YOUR FRIENDS
- Start taking more responsibility for your emotional states…
- You can use them (whether “negative” or “positive”) to look inside and examine and work with what is triggering these emotions in you, instead of projecting the cause of the emotions onto something that happened in the outside world.
Not yet a Neurodynamic Breathwork member? We invite you to join our global subscriber community and gain access to not only 5+ full length facilitated breathwork sessions a week but also additional membership perks such as FREE monthly EFT, Breath & Yoga, and Breathe&Reset™ classes.
©2023. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.