30 minutes of build-a-sweat body movement (of any type) is not just a good thing for all the reasons we’ve always heard, but it ALSO supports breathwork integration.
Here are 6 ways that engaging in post breathwork exercise will support your integration and maximize your session’s benefits:
- On the mental level, it helps us to focus better, make better decisions, plan better, think things through with more efficiency (impact on the frontal cortex), and improve our outlook on life. All of that in turn helps us alleviate anxiety and worries (because we are better able to get out of “stinking thinking” mind and can see things with more objectivity and clarity).
- Also on an emotional level, it has an immediate positive impact on our mood. It helps to foster feelings of hopefulness and courage, and to reduce feelings of isolation and loneliness.
- Post breathwork exercise helps to improve our ability to handle/work with deeper emotions (i.e. to face them instead of being a victim of them).
- Exercise helps increase feelings of empowerment in life (both because by exercising we are actually validating/proving to ourselves that we do have agency in our choices, but also because of the impact on our mood and mental clarity).
- On a physical level, it helps us feel more energetic.
The impact of regular exercise “rivals the benefits observed in the most cutting-edge treatments for depression and addiction”. As Kelly McGonigal says in her book The Joy of Movement: If you are willing to move, your muscles will give you hope.”
Check out all of our other blog posts about Breathwork Integration here
Ready to Become the Best Version of Yourself with a FREE Neurodynamic Breathwork Session?
Breathwork allows us to quiet down the part of the brain where our ego resides (the Default Mode Network) and it connects us to our inner guiding intelligence. This, in turn, creates a powerful breeding ground for rapid healing to occur. And when you combine your breathwork session with integration, the effects are both deep and lasting. If you would like to experience the tremendous benefits of breathwork for yourself, then we invite you to join our global community of online breathers and try out a Neurodynamic Breathwork Session for FREE.
©2023 Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.