Medical and Psychiatric Contraindications To Participating In Breathwork
Breathwork results in certain specific physiological changes in the body and also can result in intense physical and emotional release. Therefore, for safety purposes, we do not allow persons with the following conditions to participate in a breathwork session:
- Detached Retina
- Osteoporosis that is serious enough whereby moving around actively could cause potential issues.
- High Blood Pressure that is not controlled with medication.
- Cardiovascular disease and/or irregularities including prior heart attack
- Prior strokes or seizures
- If either you have had an aneurysm or if two members in your immediate family have had one.
- Use of prescription blood thinning medications such as Coumadin
- Asthma (if you have asthma you can participate but you must have your inhaler available)
- Prior diagnosis by a health professional of bipolar disorder or schizophrenia
- Hospitalization for any psychiatric condition or emotional crisis during the past 10 years.
- If you have been diagnosed with PTSD and still have strong symptoms, you are required to get your therapist’s approval to participate before you register
- Any other medical, psychiatric or physical conditions which would impair or affect ability to engage in any activities that involve intense physical and/or emotional release.
Please e-mail us at if you are at all unsure whether one or more of the above apply to you.